Allergic to mosquito bites

My ds is very allergic to mosquito bites! This poor arm is swollen bc he has 4 almost right in a row. The doctor said to put some hydrocortisone cream on them and he will be fine. I also read online to put some cool compresses on them.... But do any of you mamas know some other home remedies to help? He isn't itching them and I am sure they look worse than they are....

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 3:01 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm allergic to them too. Benadryl and anti-itch creams are the only things that help.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 3:22 PM on May. 21, 2011

• milk compresses

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:24 PM on May. 21, 2011

• cream will work but usually a steroid like prednisolone will help the worse cases
    fairybrokenwing

Answer by fairybrokenwing at 3:27 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Benadryl, I had that too when I was little and thats the only thing that helped if I remember right.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 3:41 PM on May. 21, 2011

• My son is severely allergic to mosquito bites and ant bites. We have an Epi-Pen, other meds and instructions.

After bite we do a dose and a half of Benadryl and 1 dose every 4 hours for 24 hours. Then he gets a dose of Zyertec a day for a week. We have hydrocortisone cream, After Bite, and Benadryl for when they are itching and not oozing. When they start to ooze we have Polysporum to put on them.
    We have to keep them washed and and watch for infection. They will swell his leg and foot to where he can't wear pants and shoes. They turn purple, blue, red, and black. He will wheeze, cough, and sneeze.

He is allergic to Bactraban, the cream they prescribe to put on them so we have to use so many creams. Maybe some of these will help you.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 4:03 PM on May. 21, 2011

• My boys and I are severely allergic to mosquito bites and ant bites. We have an Epi-Pen, other meds and instructions.

After a bite we do a dose and a half of Benadryl and 1 dose every 4 hours for 24 hours. Then they get a dose of Zyrtec a day for a week. We have hydrocortisone cream After Bite, and Benadryl for when they are itching and not oozing. When they start to ooze we have Polysporum to put on them.

We have to keep them washed and and watch for infection. My boys' legs and feet will swell to where they can't wear pants and shoes. They turn purple, blue, red, and black. They will wheeze, cough, and sneeze. We also have inhalers that we use
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 5:47 PM on May. 21, 2011