Anyone deal with IBS adult content

Okay i know gross no one wants to talk about this stuff, but I need to know how you deal with it what makes it better/worse, I am just so tired of this I don't know what to do anymore, feals like I have treid everything.

Codragonfly

Asked by Codragonfly at 3:05 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Health

• Stress makes it worse, I would like to say dairy and refined flours...however, I never know when I'm going to have a flare up with mine, one minute I can be fine and the next something doesn't agree with me..... It varies.... I have learned to stay away from ice cream, anything with a high grease content.....I'm still learning though... this syndrome is ridiculous!!!! it makes me want to jump up and down and scream like a little kid in the middle of a temper tantrum.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 3:07 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I was diagnosed with IBS after my brother died and I held everything in. The best advice I got (years later) was to let the emotions out. Stress can hurt your stomach more than spicy food. It's more of a mental and emotional thing than physical. If I am super stressed my stomach kills me and I lose my appetite. My advice to you is don't sweat the small stuff. Find someone to talk to, a therapist, counselor, pastor or priest. Also, keeping a journal really helped since I can vent freely without hurting anyone's feelings. As for food, I cut out fast food, it's very rare for me to eat that stuff. Also, keep spicy food and high acid foods to a minimum. And the less grease the better. Your food doesn't have to be bland, just see what you can switch out until your stomach feels better. For example, I can enjoy guacamole with the jalapeno but my stomach can't handle curry. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 3:16 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Yes.. Things have never been normal that way witrh me. Now my stomach is al distended and they think IBS may have called bowel paralysis (there's a med term I forgot it tho..Im taking align for it.. In general I feel better.. But digestively.. I could have saved my $30 and bought some activia!! That really works!!
    Kelly0213

Answer by Kelly0213 at 3:22 PM on May. 21, 2011

• 1st off,take an acidophilis supplement daily
    I had a had time finding the right ratio of fiber to take. Too much and its cramps and diarrhea time,not enough,constipation
    I have difficulty with red meat so I've switched out almost all beef out of my diet and substituted turkey

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:23 PM on May. 21, 2011

• here are some sites that you may find helpful

http://www.webmd.com/search/search_results/default.aspx?query=IBS&sourceType=undefined

http://www.webmd.com/ibs/default.htm

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 5:58 PM on May. 22, 2011