What is average pay?

What is the average pay at a fast food or coffee shop for someone just starting out? I have been a SAHM for a long time now and my kids are all going to be in school so I was going to get a part time job, but all the applications ask how much you want to make / hour and I honestly do not know what is a reasonable amount to ask for.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• Generally you put minimum wage under that question.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 3:31 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Min wage. My dd is a manager at Micky D'd. She hired her brother. Its min wage, and after 3 months they give you a 15 cent raise, after 6 months another 25 cents.

Answer by gemgem at 3:41 PM on May. 21, 2011

• min. wage...I have an amazing business opportunity if you are interested in a home based business. Message me for the details...you will make WAY more than min. wage!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 3:44 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Minimum wage. Don't know what area you are in but care.com has several job categories that might pay better. Use the pulldown on their website. If you do not see the pulldown right away click on their logo and it should be visible.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 3:50 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Minimum wage is $7.25gemgem.......they changed it last year thank GOD. Thats what hubbys making at walmart, and i think thats what our mcdonalds is offering too, but my dad said the in in outs in LA are paying like, 10 and 11 to start so it really all depends on there you live......
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 4:21 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I was always taught to put "OPEN" in that box. That can be discussed at the interview... I still put it that way.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:51 PM on May. 21, 2011

• In Illinois, minimum wage is $8.25/hour

Answer by rkoloms at 5:08 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I so want to be in Illinois right now lol.
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 5:28 PM on May. 21, 2011

• This depends entirely on location. Where I live McDonald's starts off at $9/hr (which is above minimum wage for the state of North Dakota) and will pay you up to $15/hr to work 11AM-1PM.

You can put minimum wage... but it really depends on the economic climate of your area. There are a shortage of workers where I live, so jobs have to pay more to stay competitive.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 7:20 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Any application I've had I put open. Then when they ask for what position I put open,so they know I would like to move up in the company and will take on any job..
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 5:03 PM on May. 22, 2011