Good idea to do birthday party for a 31 year old or not?

me and the hubby have the same bday, june 22nd, then our wedding anniversary is june 23rd. so every year they sorta get lumped and neither one of us gets anything special and separate just for our birthdays. These past few months have been an emotional rollercoaster..lots going on. I want to make that week really special for him...special fathers day , I already have a special anniversary thing planned. I was thinkign for the birthday or inviting some people over to have some drinks, hang out, play video games , ...an adult birthday party for him. No familyi here, we are military and live overseas so can't do that but I can get a few friends over. Would thsi be weird for a 31 year old to have a party thrown for him like this or do you think he would appreciate it since neither one of us ever gets recognized individually for our birthday.

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 3:43 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I'd say go for it, I threw my husnband one this year he was 26. My birthday is always around fathers day ( On fathers day this year) and my family always has a Fatherday day BBQ where the dad's get steak and everyone else gets chciken, hamburger or hot dogs. Usally family will just bring me cards to the bbq from 18 to know i have not celerbrated my birthday alone. It dose not bother me but i would still be apreative if DH tried to something.
    Codragonfly

Answer by Codragonfly at 4:04 PM on May. 21, 2011

• No go for it.
    BTW my husband and I are kinda like you guys. My bday is May 26th, his May 28th and we married on May 27th. So I know all too well about things getting lumped together. Sometimes it can suck.

Answer by gemgem at 4:11 PM on May. 21, 2011

• If you think he'd enjoy it, go for it. Age doesn't matter, as long as the guest of honor is cool with it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 4:55 PM on May. 21, 2011

• well since u explained the whole thing I say go for it....I was going to say no, but I think he will enjoy that! Have fun!!!
    koolmaa

Answer by koolmaa at 6:57 PM on May. 21, 2011

• go for it. I think he would like it
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 8:12 PM on May. 21, 2011

• we have a big grill outside of our house with a gazebo and playground. i can say its a fathers day bbq....to trick him hehe....but let the others know hey its also a birthday thing for him, and in the middle of it bring out a birthday cake and what not :-) he loves bbq and its a huge gazebo literalla cross the street from us
    moki1984

Comment by moki1984 (original poster) at 3:31 PM on May. 22, 2011