Do you have any babysitter horror stories?

tspillane

Asked by tspillane at 3:44 PM on May. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• Just one. When my oldest dd was 9 months old I was working at a hotel. I used to work mornings and drop her off with the sitter on the way to work. She was a licensed sitter for the state, and I paid her directly. I did not know about any voucher system like they have today. Anyway I got off work early and picked her up and she was in another room screaming. I went in to get her and she had vomit all over her. The babysitter was in the other room watching soap operas. She could have choked on her own vomit. I was so pissed at that bitch. I went home and reported what happened to the state and quit my job. I have NEVER allowed anyone to watch my kids who is not related to me since.

Answer by gemgem at 3:47 PM on May. 21, 2011

• That's awful gemgem.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:54 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I was a teen mom and I trusted the dad's friend to take care of the baby. I found it odd even though I brought lots of diapers, she would always ask for more. One day as I was packing to leave, one of the drawers on her dresser was open. I took a peek inside and noticed it was filled to the rim with my daughter's diapers ( I would write her name on each one because she went to a daycare earlier in the day). I didn't know what to think. I knew she was trying to get pregnant but I didn't think she would trying to stock up on diapers that early.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 4:02 PM on May. 21, 2011

• wow gemgem and keisha that sucks. i dont, i rarely let anyone watch my kids. no one besides family HAS ever watched my girls.
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 4:23 PM on May. 21, 2011

• when i was litttle our nanny made my little sister wear her underwear on her head when she had an accident. that made me so mad. Once i saw my son in a seperate room in the nursery playing by himself and everyone else was in the other room... they didnt even notice he was missing, i was pretty irritated
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 5:02 PM on May. 21, 2011

• We are in a rural area and good childcare is tough to come by so I went with this one woman and she seemed okay there were things I didn't like like her lack of things to do outside and she would put power tools on highchair trays but other then that I had nothing to really say she was horrible or abusive.
    Until my son and another kid were both 18 months old and she told me she took the boys out of the cribs because she has 2 new babies. okay fine...so I asked her where these boys are napping and she said the floor. she said they didn't need anything other then a squirt with a water bottle from time to time for moving around. she went on to also say that the boys didn't need a pillow or blanket or anything because it is nothing more then a distraction and it keeps them awake longer. I was done after that.
    who squirts a kid with water at 18 months and thinks they should go to sleep on the floor no less.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 5:23 PM on May. 21, 2011