I asked a question a swore I put it under one section but now it is in another

So I was thinking maybe cafemom just puts questions where they think they should go from time to time.

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 3:48 PM on May. 21, 2011 in About CafeMom

• They have a feature whereby persons who have a certain number of points can suggest that a question be moved. Then others with a certain number of points can either agree or disagree that it needs to be moved. If CM gets the required number of votes, they moved it to the deemed "correct" catergory. That's probably what happened to your question.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:51 PM on May. 21, 2011

• NannyB is right ... I have that "power" now.

For instance if you ask a question about your relationship (is he cheating) and you put it in FOOD & DRINK ... Moms can vote to have it correctly put in RELATIONSHIPS.

Another example: It looks like the next question here in the ABOUT CAFEMOM category is "How do you make Tacos?" This belongs in FOOD & DRINK. I can suggest that it be moved and if enough moms agree, it will be moved to the new/correct category. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 4:06 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Go up the where is says answers and look for my questions. You should be able to find it there.

Answer by gemgem at 4:09 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Yep, it was probably recategorized. Sometimes the new categories make sense, sometimes they don't.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:21 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Agree with the others. It was recatogorized.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 6:33 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Recategorized. I find it annoying. You can always put your question back where you had it originally by editing your question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on May. 23, 2011