How to potty train your daughter?

My daughter is 2 years old and i want to start potty training her but dont know exactly how to start any advice would help.

shsutterfield08

Asked by shsutterfield08 at 3:56 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is two as well, and what ive been doing for months now is let the bathroom door stay open and she will usually pass me and ask me peepee or poopoo? and ill answer and (its funny if i say poo shes say ewwww nasty farted lol) so the other day I told her to come here when i was on the toiled and i pointed to it after she pointed to her diaper and said this is MAMI and PAPIS diaper. Pretty soon your going to have to use it too! (im pretty sure she understood what i said because she said no and took off) but today and yesterday we sat her on a insert (you know the ones you put in the big potty with dora or whatever?) and she peed! (i heard the tinkle lol) so were going to keep doing this and she is NOT good at telling us when she has to go so weve been putting her on it every two hours or so. GOOD LUCK!
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 4:04 PM on May. 21, 2011

• This doesn;t always work but with my daughter when she was 18 months i just took off her diaper and her pants and everything on the bottom and had her play without bottoms for a week and she never once had an accident or anything she just started going. but for a month or so before that i would sit her on the potty but she didn't go until i had her go commando.

i was a stay at home mom and would never have her cammando if anyone else was over.
    julie.f

Answer by julie.f at 6:05 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Well my DD is 2 1/2 ans she has not wore diapers since she was about 1 1/2, she had always seen her brother who is only 15 months older than she learn to potty and she wanted to go so I let her.. Also when I went to the restroom she would follow me and use her potty chair....which she only used that very little, she always wanted to use the BIG potty..lol, her having an older sibling was helpful but even if she didnt I would say just letting her go with me was helpful too..
    mamaevans2

Answer by mamaevans2 at 7:20 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Try using a sticker board worked with my DD. Everytime she went to the potty, (this includes just going and sitting on the potty) she was able to pick a sticker out and place it on her chart
    manda_42

Answer by manda_42 at 11:59 PM on May. 21, 2011