I need a hug......

....and some funny stories.

For the past couple of days my furbaby has been acting abnormal, for him. This morning I took him to the vet and 1) his bladder is obstructed, and 2) he most likely has crystals. :(

My last cat, before the three furbabies I've got now had the same thing and died from it. Part of that was a misdiagnosis and mistreatment. That's a whole different can of worms though.

Anyway, he's spending the weekend at the vet's and I'm getting depressed that he's not gonna come home. I didn't think it'd hit me this badly, but I think another factor is that 14 years ago today my Gramma (amazing, wonderful woman) passed.

I'm feeling rather low and could use some support and a pick-me-up or two.

EDIT: 10:00 pm pacific time, evening of the end of the world as we know it. I got a call from the vet several hours ago. The procedure went well, he's doing fine, is TOTALLY stoned on the pain meds and they'll call me in the morning. I'm hoping it'll be about taking him home, but it loos like he's not in nearly as muc hdanger as my other kitty was. (HUGE sigh of relief)

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 4:17 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Pets

• im sorryhugshugginggroup hug

bootiecall

Answer by bootiecall at 8:16 PM on May. 21, 2011

• aww im sorry hun heres a big big hugs

san78

Answer by san78 at 4:25 PM on May. 21, 2011

• hugging Hope your furbaby comes through okay (c:

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:26 PM on May. 21, 2011

• ok so that doesnt make sense lol but u get my meaning!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:26 PM on May. 21, 2011

• It made me chuckle san78.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 4:39 PM on May. 21, 2011

• AWWW... i am sorry that your dog is sick- i hope everything turns out o.k.- sending lots of hugs your way..hugs

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 4:40 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Oh I'm so Sorry. I lost 3 cats during my Cancer. Really 4 since my DD'scat lived here for 11 years! When my heart cat meowed in pain over peeing. My DD found me the Apple cider vinegar trick. I couldn't do it. So my DD did. Now that said cat just turned 14. She lost weight and all she wants to do it eat soft food. But she acts like a skinny Kitten. I don't know!! But I'm still fragile & grieving all I lost. Sending your cat healing hugs. And a big one for you too!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:27 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I don't have pets so I don't know really how you feel but I will send out computer hugs to you. I am really sorry.
    bootiecall

Answer by bootiecall at 8:15 PM on May. 21, 2011

• (((HUGS))) coming your way
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 11:16 PM on May. 21, 2011

• If you are feeding dry food, switch to a high quality canned food (or even better, homecooked or raw if you can). It is MUCH easier on the kidneys. Cats were originally desert animals (and were/are strict carnivores) so they got/get their water/moisture from their food. Also, do some research on your usual brand of food to make sure there aren't any recalls or other complaints about it. Sometimes bad food can lead to kidney trouble. I hope your furbaby feels better soon.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 3:19 PM on May. 24, 2011