What to say to an 8 yr old boy? adult content

My son asked me how do two boys have sex if they want to?What do I say to that?I told him about a man and a women but what about two boys and two girls?What if he really won't let up on it and wants to know?He hears it on tv on the news about gay marriage and my cousin is lebian what about that?

mommy2118

Asked by mommy2118 at 4:43 PM on May. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• That's a wait till you're older kind of thing to me. Good luck with it (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:44 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Oh WOW, now that I have NO idea how you would answer. I've always been a firm believer in honesty, but um...yea, I haven't been faced with that question....best of luck t ya..
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:45 PM on May. 21, 2011

• i would maybe ask why he wants tp know and then go from there. but yeah, i think its a wait til he is a little older thing too
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 4:46 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Too much info too soon. I'd wait.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:47 PM on May. 21, 2011

• If you gave him the mechanics of straight sex then I'd do the same for gay sex. I was given that at the age of 8 (I think it's too young personally but since he's asking I assume that he's ready to know).
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 4:54 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I just don't know how to approach that one.How do I tell him?
    mommy2118

Comment by mommy2118 (original poster) at 4:55 PM on May. 21, 2011

• If he is bringing up sexual topics, I don't think you can avoid it untill he I'd older. I believe that 2 people in love can share an intimate relationhip and so I don't have a problem with homosexuality so I would tell my kids that when 2 people who love each other, become committed to each other, they have sex. Then leave it there because I don't think he needs to know details on the mechanics of it.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:10 PM on May. 21, 2011