Party ideas

so, im doing a field day style birthday party for my hubbers who is turning 30. I plan to do water balloon tosses, three legged races, relay race with a tennis ball on a spoon, maybe ultimate frisbee, touch foot ball or basketball. I thought about doing a giant sub but it super expensive, anyone have any ideas? Food or otherwise? It will probably be about 30-40 people including children :)

sarlove01

Asked by sarlove01 at 4:44 PM on May. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• first off that sounds like a relly fun birthday, but i would maybe make a big batch of BBQ and get a bunch of buns and chips and maybe make a sheet cake or two along with the birthday cake because a sheet cake will be just as good but you wont have to pay for such a huge cake. and then make some finger foods like fruit or vegatables and dip.
    julie.f

Answer by julie.f at 5:17 PM on May. 21, 2011

• This sounds like an awesome BIRTHDAY!!!! Do you have the cornhole game, i LOVE THAT GAME...You got good ideas....yeah the BBQ sounds good and it will feed a big bunch..make some cupcakes for the children or something and make a cake for the adults....have some punch made up...IDK...I will be 30 in 4 years I wanna have a party like that...lol
    mamaevans2

Answer by mamaevans2 at 7:30 PM on May. 21, 2011

• the games sound fine. food can do pizza, make your own subs, cook out, have a veg tray, fruit tray, cake or ice cream for an afternoon snack. At my girls field day they also throw a frisbee into a hula hoop, divide into two teams and start with a full cup of water and put into each cup in line and winning team has the most water in their cup left. chips would be good to snack or even brownies.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 7:28 PM on May. 22, 2011

• i think i may just do snacks since we are starting at 2pm and are on a budget with so many people! is that appropriate? is two a good start time to skip lunch?
    sarlove01

Comment by sarlove01 (original poster) at 4:44 PM on May. 23, 2011