How long after removing an IUD has it taken you to get pregnant?

I had my Iud removed on Dec 4 and I am wondering what other women experiances were with getting pregnant afterwards. I also never had a period with the IUD. And I had it put in at 6 weeks after having my daughter. So I cant even tell you what my cycle is like. But I did start bleeding today so I am just curious what is normal and what everyone has experianced..

CoAlMiNerMoMmY

Asked by CoAlMiNerMoMmY at 6:04 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I also very rarely had a period - maybe 2x's a year. I got pregnant while on the IUD (mirena). I checked for the strings jan.08 and by march 08 i got pregnant and found out on April fools day...lol. But we weren't trying to get pregnant. I didn't even know that my IUD had displaced.BTW our son was born Nov 4th - election day! So it didn't take long for me to get preg. I know the pamphlet says that most women wanting to conceive, do so within a year of removal. Which just sounds like FOREVER to anyone trying to get pregnant I know, Now my SIL had hers removed in Aug 06 and it took 6 mos of trying for them. We both had our IUD's for 2-3 years. hope this helps -pm me if u want to know anymore - GL
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 7:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2008