Do you have any ex's on your Facebook? really a vent more then anything

I do and never thought the harm in it but I took a break and went to facebook and an old bf messages me telling me he's going through old pics and it got my soft spot because my marriage sucks and he tells me he's going on 2 years in his marriage and it has been amazing.
"Good...that's nice your looking at our old pics and your just somehow gushing with joy and you should because it has only been 22 months...get back to me in 7 yrs and we will talk" that is what I should have said to him because the first 2 yrs are nice but I have been married 7 and it is no longer a "joy" and is more a hassle then anything

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Glad you didn't say anything like that to him, would have been totally unfair to him
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:58 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Im sorry your marriage isnt a joy :-(

Answer by gemgem at 4:59 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Every marriage is different - my first two years were the worst (actually, the first five). If he's happy, let him be happy. As for the original question, no I don't have any exes as friends on FB, but since I started dating my husband at 14 I never thought to look for any of the guys I knew before him.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:09 PM on May. 21, 2011

• oh thats fine if he is happy but he shouldnt rub it in after I tell him I'm not, he was just being a jerk I thought
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:25 PM on May. 21, 2011

• i have my 1st love in FB,its like we get together every 10 yrs, LOL
    we were elemantary sweethearts til I moved out of Puerto Rico,now we are really good friends, talk about everything, we both went through really bad breakups after 10 yrs of marriage, but honestly I dont think we could ended up together, he is too much of a ladies man.....
    koolmaa

Answer by koolmaa at 6:54 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Well, I can't say for sure since you don't say exactly what he said, but maybe he didn't intend or think he was rubbing it in. Maybe he was just trying to say that he was happy, with no dig toward you.

I am friends with one of my ex-boyfriends on facebook, but that's because we've always been really good friends outside of the romantic relationship we once had. We also never refer to the romantic relationship. We were both there, we know what was good and what was bad, and why it ended, there's no reason to rehash it. We talk about our current lives and that's about it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:03 PM on May. 21, 2011

• He may have not been trying to be a jerk.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:39 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I had two, but had to unfriend one because he was acting like a jerk. He reminded me why I left him. He is now twice-divorced. Gee, I'm not surprised.
    dlee620

Answer by dlee620 at 12:27 AM on May. 22, 2011