I try to do my good deeds, i'm seeing red.

I have been taking this woman to and from work here and there... Well, it was planned that I would pick her up at 10pm tonight. THEY CALLED LIKE 50 TIMES (I don't have an exact, i stopped counting as I was trying to nap!) I refused to answer because it's the weekend, and my husband wasn't home w/ our vehicle so I couldn't even go anywhere.. So they continue calling and calling and calling, I turned off the ringer (I'm talking 3 times in 5 minutes type calling), and I stopped looking at the phone to see who it was. Call ONCE, leave a message, promise i'll look at it. HOW do they even know I was home, I could have been out shopping with my mother or my sister or just hanging out with them all day!? Just because my DH isn't home, doesn't mean I AM. So, now I don't even feel like dealing with it because i'm so mad. It's called harassment. DH is now on his way to drop her off at her "job".

How would you feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I would have a stern chat with her, that you are NOT her taxi service, and if she see's you that way then she better pay you. The block her phone number
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:00 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Sounds like she needs to call a cab and leave you alone. If she kept pestering I would tell her that too.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:00 PM on May. 21, 2011

• She's crossed the line. Time to tell her she needs to make other travel arrangements.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:09 PM on May. 21, 2011

• You're giving her a ride as a favor. Beggars can't be choosers, as the saying goes, although obviously she doesn't know it. I would just tell her that she needs to compensate you at least for the gas. And tell her to only call once, for goodness sake!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 5:11 PM on May. 21, 2011

• well i guess if you agreed to pick her up and drop her off from work, there's a reason why she called and you could of picked up just to tell her that your napping/shopping/whatever and you'll be on your way soon,now i'm not bashing ya or anyone that doesnt pick up thier phone calls because it really irritates me when anyone does it.

i do like that other answer, i mean...maybe you guys should have some sort of agreement of another friend or neighbor to pick her up if you cant. there should always be a back up plan
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:12 PM on May. 21, 2011

• americansugar, I can understand maybe calling once an hour if you REALLY need to get ahold of that person. She KNEW my DH wasn't home because she KNEW he was at work, so i couldn't have done a darn thing even if I DID answer the phone. But don't call every few minutes just to get me to pick up, if I wasn't home I wouldn't have picked up, but she should maybe assume that and just check back every hour or few hours.. THAT I would have understood.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:38 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Wow that is a bit obsessive to call that many times! If she really needed to reach you then she should have tried calling 2-3 times and then leave a message telling you to call ASAP. I do think you should talk to her about it and tell her that next time leave a message. Or, you could tell her that it is not working out, and she needs to arrange for someone else to transport her.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:54 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I would never let my husband give another woman ride to work she is a grown woman and can ride the bus.You don't have to help unless you have the time you need to spend time with your husband if she does'nt understand just tell you can't your taking a class or meeting a friend just be busy.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 7:03 PM on May. 21, 2011

• so you set something up with her then didn't show up? she may have been calling that much because she thought something was wrong, like you were hurt or something.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:06 PM on May. 21, 2011

• UMM NO! HOW ABOUT YOU READ.. IT CLEARLY SAYS I WAS SET TO PICK HER ASS UP AT 10PM.. CHECK YOURSELF BEFORE YOU GO GIVING ME SHIT ABOUT IT! SHE WAS SUPPOSE TO HAVE A FREAKING RIDE TO HER WORK BECAUSE MY DH WAS WORKING AND SHE FUCKING KNEW THAT! THINK TWICE AND READ TWICE BEFORE YOU ANSWER A DAMN QUESTION ITSME89!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:14 PM on May. 21, 2011