Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone know if there's a special name for a house with an apartment attached to it?

We're thinking of moving soon (we rent a house) and if I could find one that meets this requirement that'd be awesome. I just need to know what I'm looking for if I'm doing searches online and stuff.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Home & Garden

Answers (9)
  • It is called a Mother In Law Suite.

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:52 PM on May. 21, 2011

  • Either a monther in law suite or a duplex

    Answer by shortycmlb at 5:55 PM on May. 21, 2011

  • in law apt

    Answer by haysmum at 6:18 PM on May. 21, 2011

  • MIL suite

    Answer by matthewscandi at 6:35 PM on May. 21, 2011

  • MIL apartment or multi family dwelling. Or duplex, triplex

    Answer by elasmimi at 7:31 AM on May. 22, 2011

  • yeah, Mother in Law suite, or "add on living space", something like that.

    Answer by KTMOM at 9:01 AM on May. 22, 2011

  • MIL apartment or duplex. We saw several in single family homes that said additional living space in basement/over garage...

    Answer by karischub at 10:55 PM on May. 22, 2011

  • Here people have called it an in law suite or a granny suite.n

    Answer by KristinRox at 11:26 PM on May. 22, 2011

  • no idea

    Answer by asil at 11:24 PM on May. 27, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.