What day did I get pregnant if my due date is September 27, 2011?

kcampbell124

Asked by kcampbell124 at 5:34 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• get a calendar and count back 40 weeks

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:34 PM on May. 21, 2011

• 40 weeks is back to her period thats not when she got pregnant..
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 5:35 PM on May. 21, 2011

• due dates are just estimates from your last period so even if you counted backwards, you'll never know the exact date for sure.. unless you only had sex once around that time and you remember the specific date.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 5:38 PM on May. 21, 2011

• you're pregnant for 40 weeks so it WILL tell you when you got pregnant,give or take

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:40 PM on May. 21, 2011

• #1....40 weeks would be when they ASSUME her last AF was but NOT necessarily when it was an definately NOT when she concieved.

#2....Couting back ABOUT 38 weeks can give you are round about number of the WEEK you may have ovulated in but not hte exact day because you would have to know how long your luteal phase is and the exact day that you were 4 weeks pregnant.

#3....Due dates are educated guesses and are not always exactly right. In fact they are so incorrect that only 5% of babies come on their due dates. Also ultra sounds can be very inaccurate about determining the due date with a 2 week margine of error.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 5:46 PM on May. 21, 2011

• You are not actually pregnant for 40 weeks unless you go to 42 weeks because the due date accounts for 2 weeks worth of follicular phase in the Fertility Cycle.

They do this because due dates are guess and there is no way to know the exact moment the egg is fertilized and implants. The closest we can get is to know what day we ovulated by charting.

miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 5:49 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Thanks for all the help! I'm guessing I concieved around Christmas!
    kcampbell124

Comment by kcampbell124 (original poster) at 6:06 PM on May. 21, 2011

• That sounds about right. I concieved about 3 weeks before Christmas and I was due September 3rd. I miscarried that baby so now I am only 12w 6d into a new one but Christmas sounds about right for you!!!
    Anonymous

• You don't actually KNOW the date you got pregnant. You can't go off the sex itself because sperm can live for days in the vagina without finding the egg. It can take a week for sperm to travel through the tube to even fertilize the egg. So you can estimate, but you never really know for sure. That is why doctors say due dates are give or take two weeks always.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:52 PM on May. 21, 2011

• congrats girl!!! thats my due date as well hope all goes well with you
    Brit0001

Answer by Brit0001 at 7:38 PM on May. 21, 2011