Professional organizer

i am looking into making my own business to become a professional organizer and travel around with my soon to be husband with his job.i havnt attended college yet but if i think this is a good idea to get into then i would take business classes, communication, and professional organizing skills.anyone know about this stuff, are you a professional organizer or know one and how it is for them?

Keriii24

Asked by Keriii24 at 5:43 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• If you are going to pursue this as a career, I'd recommend a psychology class or two ... people are very weird when it comes to their stuff, even when they say they are ready and willing to let go and become organized. It's as much about their personalities as it is their "stuff". Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Great plan! That sounds like a great idea for your own business. Way to go!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:05 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Let me know when you do... I need help!
    elizabooks

Answer by elizabooks at 1:55 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Most of the "organization planning" books I've read do deal with psychology so I agree wholeheartedly with the previous posters. Oddly enough, I kinda am myself--I am a librarian by training (cataloging and classification are a big part of the graduate curriculum) and do project management. While you are looking to organize different things than I do, taking an interest in understanding HOW and WHY people use the things they do are going to be important.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 4:03 PM on May. 23, 2011