Going for IVF!?!

Hi Everyone,my husband and i have been on a fertility roller coaster... basically we are both 25 and at first we found out that his sperm morphology was not too great but everything else w/ him is great. I was really upset and blaming him for everything when little did i know( i just had an HSG done) both my tubes are blocked?! Our doctor says we could do surgery to unblock to tubes but there is a chance it will block again and IUI wont work.. or we could just go straight to IVF.. Our insurance covers up to $10,000 on IVF so i am kinda leaning more towards that.. Being young do you think we will have a chance at IVF? Thanks

rjackson327

Asked by rjackson327 at 5:48 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes I do think you have a chance, but because you're young you might want to unblock your tubes and try IUI at least for a little while, I don't know the cost difference but it might be a better option if you want more than one child. You can always choose IVF later. Good luck what ever you decide.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:53 PM on May. 21, 2011

• It depends on how long you are willing to wait. With unblocking your tubes a pregnancy could still take a long while. I didn't want to bother with waiting & more disappointments. I went strait to IVF & got pregnant right away. GL!

Anonymous

• I'd go with ivf.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 8:13 AM on May. 22, 2011