What makes it different?

Than some 89 year old predicting the end of times compared to anyone else-past, present or future? With the obvious answer being "it actually happened" we can't say that it has at all in this case. People have been predicting the end of times for so many years now and even the bible says no one will know and we will supposedly have signs but these signs have been happening for centuries or since the dawn of time lol. So, yes, we know that this guy is off his rocker but how do we know others are not?????

jujubean1979200

Asked by jujubean1979200 at 5:58 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Who said the others aren't?
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 6:39 PM on May. 21, 2011

• How do you not know that it hasn't and that you were left behind????

Just saying.....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:58 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Then I feel blessed if I have been left behind because this life is awesome. Oh and obviously we all have been left behind
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 10:05 PM on May. 21, 2011

• IMHO, anyone coming to you with a precise date for the end of the world and claiming that only those who believe like they do witll be "saved" is not to be believed.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:17 AM on May. 22, 2011

• "How do you not know that it hasn't and that you were left behind????

Just saying....."

How do I know..? Let me count the ways...

1) No earthquakes all over the world
    2) I think we would notice if 200 million people suddenly went poof!
    3) Instead of proudly announcing that 200 million people have indeed been saved, this gu yis hiding out, probabl ytrying to come up with a more or less credible explanation
    4) His own followers are shocked... You would think THEY wouldn't be left behind, right?
    5) I didn't see Jesus anywhere, did you?

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:19 AM on May. 22, 2011

• "....these signs have been happening for centuries or since the dawn of time." Not really. As for the natural disasters, Jesus talked about the frequency and intensity of those things increasing in the last days. He compared it to a woman giving birth. This is happening now. There are other signs He gave too--like a falling away of the faith--happening now. False prophets will arise--happening now. Israel becomming a nation--happened in 1948. Scoffers asking "Where is this coming I keep hearing about?"--happening now. So the signs He told us to look for really haven't been happening since the dawn of time...and some have still yet to happen.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 7:38 PM on May. 22, 2011