Did your father have the honor of walking you down the isle?

I was joined to my husband/bestfriend slash a whole lot more. We were married at the justice of the peacen in Virginia. No wedding the last of three sisters that did not have daddy walk them down the isle. I want my dad to have that moment but I don't know what to do. He is getting older all suggestions welcome...

BillieHolidae

Asked by BillieHolidae at 6:12 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Nope. My best friend since grade school did. He was the only guy worthy of giving me away....he was there when i laughed & there when i cried for my whole life. Can't say that about my dad.....
    Anonymous

• My dad walked me down the aisle, and it's a good thing too. My knees were shaking so much he helped hold me up (c: Maybe you could renew your vows and have your dad walk you down the aisle for that.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:14 PM on May. 21, 2011

• yes. we lived in Nevada so quicky weddings are obviously a specialty, but my Dad was able to walk me down the "quicky" isle. We both had tears in our eyes.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:14 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I would have loved my dad to be there to walk me down the aisle. He died a week before I turned 16. I had my oldest brother do it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:16 PM on May. 21, 2011

• My Dad walked me down the aisle. :-)
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:18 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Nope. He didn't deserve it. My brother walked me down.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 6:19 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I got married in vegas. It was nothing special or spectacular. Saved a lot of money! lol It was just me, my husband, his brother and cousin who just happened to be in vegas at the time. We are talking about doing a traditional wedding for our 7 year anniversary so all our family can be there, and I'll be a lot thinner! LOL
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:19 PM on May. 21, 2011

• No. My dad lives abroad.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 6:20 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I never met my Dad. Nor do I know who he is. When I found my Bio mom when I was 19 & Pregnant. I found her dying from breast cancer in her hospital room. She never shared if I had a Dad or Family! I only had a short time with her. So I doubt I'll ever find him. I wish you the best! Both of our DD's are Married. But neither time did my DH/their dad walk them down the aisle either. Times are changing.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 6:20 PM on May. 21, 2011

• nope....My bio dad was never in my life from the age of 2 til 15 never even new who he was until then at 28 he is still not in i that much. But when it came to my wedding he asked who was going to walk me down the aisle (he wanted to) but I chose my moms husband (who adopted me at 3 or 5 years of age) He was the one that was always there for me, the one who I called dad, the only dad I ever new so it was only write to have my adopted dad do it. So my bio dad didn't come to my wedding. I donot regreat the decision I made either.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:20 PM on May. 21, 2011