How do I get deodorant stains out of dark colored shirts?

I can't seem to get the deodorant stains out of my dark colored shirts. I sprayed them with oxy clean and let them set for awhile before i washed them.

webbster6

Asked by webbster6 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Take a scrumb brush and a 75% water 25% Mr clean muli surface cleaner. Slowly loosen it up and work it out. I have to do it for DH's shirts. It cakes on and fuses with the fabric. Then try soaking in boiling water and soap to pretreat. I know it's a lot of work but it saved tons of shirts for us.
    Magdelana81305

Answer by Magdelana81305 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Start buying deodorant that don't leave stains, thats clear or drys clear lol. Its hard to get those stains out.
    Anonymous

• Oxy Clean is crap. Switch to clear deodorant, or try using stain stick on your shirts.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 3:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• BABY WIPES. i have used a baby wipe to get BBQ sauce out of my cream colored carpet. I have no idea WHY they are so good, but they ARE. Doesnt matter what brand, just not a generic one. Get a Huggies or Pampers wipe and it will get the stain right out!
    TristansMommie

Answer by TristansMommie at 8:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I heard a baby wipe works great, also a lint brush
    aishadavid

Answer by aishadavid at 9:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• you're supposed to rub the shirt together where the spot is. works every time. forget what all these other people say.
    Anonymous