how can you tell that your water broke i've never had mine break on its own, im 38 wks and 2cm dialated and 50% effaced and was going to the bathroom and i thought i was done peeing but i guess i wasnt and it didnt even feel like i was peeing and no im not having contractions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My mom described it as you feel like you're peeing yourself even after you pull your pants up and go about your day. Like your panties and pants get soaked because the leak is continuous, not just normal, regular discharge. Your water won't always gush like it does in the movies =]

And you're so lucky that you're 2cm and 50% effaced. I'm 38 weeks as well and I'm not progressing at all. It sucks so much ass, I'm in pain and I'm ready for it all to be over >:(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:52 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I've had that and it wasn't my water breaking. I'm sure you would continue to leak after the bathroom if it was your water.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• It was pretty obvious to me when my water broke, I was lying in bed asleep and then an incredible gush exited me, lol. When you are standing up the baby's head can cork the flow, I'd try lying down, preferably on something that you wouldn't mind getting soaked through and see if you are leaking.

dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 6:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• When your water breaks its either one large gush or you keep leaking for awhile. I think you would know if your water broke. Dont feel bad LOL I thought mine broke with my 4th and even went to the hosp and I was wrong. I was so embaressed.

Answer by gemgem at 6:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• well, mine broke into the toilet (lucky huh), and I could hear it echo in the bowl
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:50 PM on Dec. 7, 2008