If the Republican Primary were held today? (Poll! Since CM apparently took away that feature ... booo)

Who would you vote for?

A) Gingrich
B) Paul
C) Pawlenty
D) Cain
E) Johnson
F) Romney

Personal feelings aside, which candidate do you believe has the best chance of beating Obama?

1) Gingrich
2) Paul
3) Pawlenty
4) Cain
5) Johnson
6) Romney

-Eilish-

Asked by -Eilish- at 7:04 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• *crickets* I guess all of the Republicans were raptured ....
    -Eilish-

Comment by -Eilish- (original poster) at 7:08 PM on May. 21, 2011

• LOL nope not raptures, but hey thatd make the election easier for Obama. I just have no opinion and cannot answer it theoretically. I would have to research every candidate to give you even a theoretical answer.

Answer by gemgem at 7:11 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Today....probably Cain

I don't know who has the best chance yet. If he keeps going the he is going now, it might be that anyone with an (R) could win. Ever since Nixon it seems like it's traded back and forth, except for Bush following Reagan, but it wasn't hard to beat Dukakis. I'm hoping this is going to be like when Carter ran for re-election. He did soooooo horrible that almost anyone could have beaten him.

Don't like Gingrich. Paul is a little too out there for me. Pawlenty I'm not sure about. I like Cain. Who's Johnson? Romney I do like, he'd be my 2nd choice.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 7:12 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Hah! Maybe Obama should've been praying that Camping was right .....

-Eilish-

Comment by -Eilish- (original poster) at 7:12 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Gary Johnson ... he's another libertarian like Paul. Google him for more info.
    -Eilish-

Comment by -Eilish- (original poster) at 7:13 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I can see that, today probably Cain I do agree. I dont know who Johnson is either lol so I would say he had the least change of winning. I dont think Gingrich would win either, and agree Paul nope, not him either. I do like Pawlenty though, and Romney is tolerable.

Answer by gemgem at 7:14 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Okay keeping score

A) Gingrich
    B) Paul
    C) Pawlenty
    D) Cain 2
    E) Johnson
    F) Romney
    _________________________________________________
    1) Gingrich
    2) Paul
    3) Pawlenty
    4) Cain
    5) Johnson
    6) Romney
    -Eilish-

Comment by -Eilish- (original poster) at 7:16 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I dont think Gingrich would win either, and agree Paul nope, not him either. I do like Pawlenty though, and Romney is tolerable.

I voted Romney in the primaries last time although KY's are so late it didn't matter. But I didn't want to vote for McCain unless I had to! I think Newt has too many past issues, and to me he is not as conservative as he used to be. There's talk Perry from TX might get in the race. I could vote for him!
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 7:18 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Honestly if I had to Id vote for any of them to get Obama out.

Answer by gemgem at 7:20 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I agree where did the poll feature go? We could really use it in this section!

I would vote for Cain, I wish Allen West would run! West and Cain, YAY!

(My concern is that the conservative vote will be split between Libertarians and Republicans and we all know what happens if that should occur...)
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 7:27 PM on May. 21, 2011