Stage 1 baby food recipe

Ok so my little man is 6 months getting very hungry between feeding, I'm going to start him solid. Anyone have any good recipe for first time solid. Do I have to mix it with breastmilk? Anyone want to share a recipe? How do you storage solid? How many time a day should he be eating solid? Thanks

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 7:04 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You don't need recipes - just take a soft fruit or veggies (or one you have cooked to soft) and mash it with the back of the fork. If you think it's too thick you can mix it with bmilk,or water. You can freeze foods mashed in ice cube trays and thaw as needed, but I always just cooked a small amount, stored it in the frig, and then microwaved it. I started with once/day and worked up to 3 times/day by 8 months or so, when they were eating table foods.

Answer by missanc at 9:06 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I started with the following first foods: Fresh ripe banana, just peel and mash with a fork. Some thing with a ripe avocado, pear, and cooked sweet potato. I also bought regular, unsweetened natural applesauce (not the kind for babies, the kind for "regular" people, LOL). You can mix it with breast milk if you like, but really, if baby is ready for solids he will eat it as is.

I always just gave "regular" foods like this, so there was no need to "prepare" and "store" the food.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:51 PM on May. 21, 2011

• the first food I gave my baby was sweet potato. just diced it up and steamed it in the microwave and then blended it up in the food processor. You can do the same thing with carrots, green beans, peas, anything you want.
    My 6 month old LOVES spinach more than any other veggie.
    I just use regular unsweetened applesauce too

For storage I do the ice cube tray thing. Once they are frozen solid I put the cubes in a labeled ziploc bag in the freezer (keeps for 4 months). I make big batches and store them for the convenience
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:01 PM on May. 21, 2011