I need help with my puppy?

earlier today my puppy was fine, playing and everything, then came into the house ate and drank, laid down and woke up from his nap, walking weird and fell over, since then he threw up once, haven't drank anything, i had to give him water by hand, went outside to potty, came in and now ate a little bit of food, still haven't drank anything on his own, i even gave him a cool bath because my friends were thinking he had heat exhaustion,
please help me thanks

susaninman

Asked by susaninman at 7:23 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Pets

• I've been a puppy parent almost two years. If either of mine acted like that I'd call the vet. I'm sorry I'm not more help. Just keep giving your baby water. Hope he feels better soon!
    mrsjon

Answer by mrsjon at 7:25 PM on May. 21, 2011

• It sounds like it could be heat stroke. How long did u have him outside and how hot is it outside?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:24 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Hi Susan -

I am sorry to hear about your pup not feeling well. I don't know if you live in a housing subdivision in which you have a fenced in yard - or if you live in a more open area where your pup can romp and run. My first suggestion would be to investigate your backyard or any open area where he plays the most. Do you see poison ivy or any other similar plant? Any sort of dead animal? Any deep holes in your yard where he may have been digging? Was it really really hot? Had he been playing hard? You can give him any kind of infant pedialite to help help hydrate him if you feel that is necessary.There is no need to spend a great amount of precious time taking a look around - so call your dogs veterinarian right away. Leave a message or talk to whoever is available at that time. If he doesn't come around within a reasonable amount of time take him to your local Emergency Pet clinic. IMO it's better to be safe than sorry.
    SarahFarah

Answer by SarahFarah at 9:34 PM on May. 21, 2011