Should bio mom help my ss with spending $ on a field trip?

we do not ask for support from bio mom i paid 35 for a feild trip for ss should she be asked to contribute for spending money i have no problems financially i just think she should

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 7:24 PM on May. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• How is the relationship with biomom? Is she active in your SS's life? If she doesn't pay child support I don't see anything wrong with asking for spending money.
    mrsjon

Answer by mrsjon at 7:28 PM on May. 21, 2011

• No if you need help with funding field trips you should ask for child support. That is what it is for right? Why not ask for child support? You could put it in the bank for your ss for college, or for things like this.

Answer by gemgem at 7:25 PM on May. 21, 2011

• What does your husband think? Honestly, he should be the one having the conversation with her. I agree with you that she should be contributing but it is hubby's place to approach the issue. My ex husband's second wife, so my son's first step mother felt it was her place to speak for my ex about everything. She would refer to my son as "our" son... meaning that he was hers... yeah, that didn't fly. My answer to her was that if my son's father wanted a say in what was going on he would contact me or I would make the decisions like our divorce papers stated and he would get the bills..... good luck.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:24 PM on May. 21, 2011