How would you feel if your husband's main man gave his woman a more beautiful diamond than you have? How do you fend off the need to "hate"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Are you feeling hatred towards the wife for receiving a ring? her husband for giving it to her? or your husband for not getting you a bigger ring?

You shouldn't waste you time or energy on hating someone especially for material things. So many people have more than you and so many have less, it will always be that way.

If you have the basic needs in life (love, family, food, clothes, a steady salary and shelter) you're a blessed woman.

Don't obsess over the things that others have. Appreciate what you have, love your husband and family and be happy. I'm sure you're a beautiful woman who has so much more to give than hatred.
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 7:52 PM on May. 21, 2011

• What someone else recieves doesn't bother me. To feel the need to hate someone else because they got a better ring than you seems pretty shallow to me.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:32 PM on May. 21, 2011

• you get over it? or ask for an upgrade?
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 7:26 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I can care less... what other have is their business not mine
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 7:33 PM on May. 21, 2011

• My husband's best friend gave his fiancee a diamond that cost MUCH more than mine. It's considerably larger, but it didn't bother me. My MIL offered my hubby her original band set. She got a new one when she and my FIL had been married 25 years. I'd much rather have an heirloom than something that isn't as meaningful. Even though it's small, it's something that holds significant value in our family.
    mrsjon

Answer by mrsjon at 7:36 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I wouldn't have the "need to hate" to fend off. I am an adult and I am not so petty as to need a huge diamond. I only wear my band anyways. NTM, my husband's friends are all single and it is obvious why.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:41 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I'd just be happy for her and for them.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:47 PM on May. 21, 2011