Why do certain Christians assume that God would forsake all non-Christians and not allow them into heaven?

Most of the world is NOT Christian,so why would God kill most of us? If you believe in God,its the same god no matter the religion. So Christian is the RIGHT faith,the only true faith and everyone else is wrong?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 7:26 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Religious Debate

• and i totally understand your point OP... it's quite egotistical to assume that the Christian God bears supremacy over all other Gods.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:40 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Those who deny him (non-Christians) are doomed to hell

this is why i have begun to question why i would want to believe in a god that's basic theory is "follow me or burn in hell for all eternity" i don't like the use of fear tactics to get one to believe a certain way.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:38 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I believe God is not that petty
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:32 PM on May. 21, 2011

• " the peopls' that arent saved and talk bad about Our Lord Jesus will get sent to hell, not killed"

He is hardly merciful and just, as some christians claim then. He is also, hardly all loving and all forgiving as well.
    All false claims about this so called god.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:05 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Anyone who does not think God would be cruel enough to destroy all who don't obey him, read the story of Noah again.

Not everyone takes the bible literally, so of course it's all up to interpretation.

anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 8:54 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I believe that my God is the only God. I am Christian. Our Bible tells us that Jesus died for everyone, but not everyone accepts Him. Those who deny him (non-Christians) are doomed to hell. It is harsh, but we are all given the same opportunity to accept Jesus as our Savior.
    mrsjon

Answer by mrsjon at 7:30 PM on May. 21, 2011

• So mrsjon, if everyone is given the option to learn about Jesus before they die, what about that tribe in Brazil that they didn't even know existed until a few years ago??
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 7:44 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I would assume that if you do not believe in a Christian God than you would prefer not to spend eternity with Him-
    If you believe in another God or Goddess- you probably feel good about what comes next with them-
    If you believe in no God- the you are probably OK with what comes next for you as well-

I am not seeing an issue here-

if God gives us the free will to turn away from him then why create a Hell for those who chose to deny him?

Many like myself do not believe hell is for "non-believers" its for those that profess to believe and yet life a life not in accordance to His teachings- how would one turn away from what ones does not believe?- to many "to turn away" means to turn your back on what YOU believe-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 7:57 PM on May. 21, 2011

• He is hardly merciful and just, as some christians claim then. He is also, hardly all loving and all forgiving as well.

Have to agree- and just as the Islamic God is not in my opinion that vengeful God some claim Him to be- the same goes for the God I believe in- He is indeed all loving and forgiving and merciful- just because some portray Him to be something other than that-does not make it so-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:15 PM on May. 21, 2011

Answer by tnm786 36 minutes ago

----------------------------------------
    I believe in God--- but he isn't the God who says you only get to heaven if you believe in -------------------- fill in the bank. That would be mean and I don't believe that God is mean.
    THIS is what made me not want to participate in any organized religion. It has been polluted by people who like to "exclude others who have a differnt outlook and persecute nonbelievers" and punish them through ostracism.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:20 PM on May. 21, 2011