why is this wrong......

i know as "christians" you all can't wait to go home to heaven--you believe that when your family is saved--then they are in heaven--my question is---then why is suicide wrong if someone commits suicide as a way to go "home" and to get to Heaven"--maybe they just want to get to the light---and this is just a quicker way to get there????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• OMG! Are you serious? i dont even know where to start to answer this.. your are CRAZY!
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 7:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• To put it simply...1, God put us here for a reason, so suicide is against God's plan. 2, your body is supposed to be respected, treated as a gift from God, "a temple" according to the bible, so suicide would be destroying God's creation. There's slight variations on this depending on the denomination, but that's the gist of it.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 7:22 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Because suicide is murder. Murder is one of the 10 commandments.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• In my opinion, suicide is a cowards way out not a quick way to get to heaven. God created you, placed you where you are and is really the only one worthy to call you home. We have a purpose on earth and I believe we need to do our best to fulfill that purpose until God's time. God's in control (or should be) of our lives and we need to let Him reign.
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 8:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Hi :-) This is a valid question . Why is it wrong? Because God created us for a purpose on this earth. When we decide to take our life in our own hands we are saying to Him that He is not capable of helping us through what ever we are going through. He loves us, He cares about us and wants us to trust Him. Yes He lets us have our free will but it does break His heart when we chose to not believe or trust and take ourselves of the earth and away from His plan for our lives. We have the potential to acheive greatness in Him by being a witness to others in our lives and to lead others to Him and to love them with the Power of His Love but if we choose to remove ourselves... that could be one less soul to be saved, one family member who becomes angry , it touches many lives and people do not realise that in their time of turmoil. The bible says In Jeremiah 29 ... cont.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.
    That is HIS promise for us.. it is OUR choice to believe it! Would you want to take your life and basically slap the face of the one who created you for His purpose on this earth and never fulfill the destiny He has for you and then be judged for it on judgement day? cont again.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Not me I love Him too much and yes I have been suicidal but I always came back to the place of.. I need to trust He has ALL things in His hands! Will you trust Him and let Him love you back to life? He truly loves YOU and adores YOU... you are His precious and beautiful daughter! He has great plans for YOU!
    Hope this helps !
    Shaneagle777

• Thy shall not Kill and yes that means yourself. It doesn't say thy shall not kill anybody else it includes yourself so if you kill your not going to heaven. This was actually taught to me in religion class I'm pretty sure it was 7th grade.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Because our purpose here in earth is not to get to heaven -- our purpose here on earth should be to do God's will. Our life is a gift to us from God and to throw it away is wrong. Besides most Christians don't believe in the once saved always saved idea -- that's more Evangelical Christians. Most Christians understand that our salvation is a continuing process and that we need to work That we are already saved (Rom. 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8), but are also being saved (1 Cor. 1:8, 2 Cor. 2:15, Phil. 2:12), and we can have the hope that we will be saved (Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15). Like the apostle Paul we are working out our salvation in fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12), with hopeful confidence in the promises of Christ (Rom. 5:2, 2 Tim. 2:11–13).
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 10:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Suicide is wrong because ultimately, the one who commits suicide is not trusting God. The pain of living outweighs their faith.

But not all denominations believe suicide to be an unforgivable sin.
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 6:55 AM on Dec. 8, 2008