How do you know your really for sure pregnant?

I'm 17 and well when I was way younger my mom let some bad stuff happen and a woman once told me that having sex before my body was ready could mess my body up and so I figured that I will never get pregnat well then I start to think and well I m not sure I believe it anymore well I think I am be preganat now I'm jus to scared to take a test because then ppl will think the wrong thing. Not that matters a lot but still should I jus blow it off and if I am knocked up ill know it when the baby gets big enough to move?? I mean I'm kinda hevy set so I can't tell a lot by looks but my tummy is gettin kinda round? And I've got some of the signs but idkk. Ohh and one last question, is it possible to be prego and be on ur period still?

Alli M.

Asked by Alli M. at 7:42 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Normally you take a test and/or go to your obgyn.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:43 PM on May. 21, 2011

• um people are plain out stupid....no other way to tell without taking a test
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:01 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Blood test.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 8:08 PM on May. 21, 2011

• A pregnancy test or a doctor doing a pelvic exam will tell you for sure. You can't be pregnant and have your period. Maybe a little spotting but not a regular period.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:25 PM on May. 21, 2011

• You can have spotting during your pregnancy up to the amount of a regular period, but it is NOT an actual period. If you are pregnant you can take a test from Planned Parenthood. It's free and they won't tell anyone... completely between you and them. FYI.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 9:07 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Blood test to detect hCg amount, ultrasound, and pelvic exam after 6 weeks. It is impossible to have an actual period and be pregnant. What can cause bleeding during pregnancy are implantation bleeding around the time your period is due, miscarriage, sensitive cervix from increased blood flow, and low lying placenta.
    lilmommy10805

Answer by lilmommy10805 at 10:47 PM on May. 21, 2011

• It is possible to have your period while pregnant. Just talk to your doctor because people on here are just rude.
    LARRYSWiiFE

Answer by LARRYSWiiFE at 2:16 AM on May. 22, 2011