HSG test adult content

Okay, so I posted this in TTC, but no one could answer it, so here's to hoping someone can...

So, my OB/GYN wants me to get an HSG test to see what could be preventing me getting pregnant. Anyone ever done this? I've read a couple things, but I'm still curious. Does it hurt? They're giving me a pregnancy test before just to make sure, but I had a blood test done THursday and it was negative. Haven't had a period since may 11th, except for two days of spotting last week and some brown discharge. Anyways, any advice?

GothicChk52

Asked by GothicChk52 at 8:12 PM on May. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• i had the hsg test done in sept. it didnt hurt i had a very nice nurse who talked to me the whole way through they found my left tube was blocked and wanted to do surgery but we held off and i ended up getting prego in dec! without my docs help afterall but some people say if you have the test done it could unblock your tubes if they are blocked not sure about that though but anyway good luck!!
    Brit0001

Answer by Brit0001 at 8:17 PM on May. 21, 2011

• My sil had to go through this and said that it was not that bad. She took an advil an hr before, and was fine, but she was also told that if her tubes were blocked it would have hurt a lot more. She said it's one bad cramp that lasted only a few seconds and that was it. Good luck mama!! :)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:19 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I did this, I really found it unpleasant. I have never really like anyone or anything touching my cervix, its uncomfortable. Pap smears are quite painful for me as well. If having a pap done isnt too bad for you, this is just a little more uncomfortable because it lasts longer. Totally worth it tho to help have a baby.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:03 PM on May. 21, 2011