Laptop = which do you recommend (for or against?)

Since we have wifi we want a mobile computer... we love the macs- price is the problem there but they -say- they dont get viruses so you dont end up spending money later on softwear to prevent issues... idk - any input appreciated.

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 8:17 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Technology

• I've never owned or used a mac. We've had several laptops and all but one as been a Dell. We like Dells.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:22 PM on May. 21, 2011

• i have an HP notebook. it's good.
    macs, i have heard, are worth the price in maintainability, like you said
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 8:26 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I love my mac and will never go back to a pc :)
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:43 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Virus maybe not but you need to worry about Trojans and they do more damage, Macs do security updates all the time. DH uses a mac at work and does not like it. At home we both use hp laptops with McAfee . Have a Toshiba, but that over heated and I replaced the hard drive, With hp you will get more support.
    sweet11-12

Answer by sweet11-12 at 8:45 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I have an HP and I love it but it runs hot underneath. I have a friend who repairs computers and he says he does the most repairs on the Dell's
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 9:00 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I have an ASUS laptop and I love it! They are the maker of most mother boards, and it had really good reviews. The best thing to do is look at CNET.com, and you will get all of the reviews on the top selling electronics. GL!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:06 PM on May. 21, 2011

• ACER or HP
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:19 PM on May. 21, 2011

• i would never buy an HP laptop again. I have a few friends who have also had problems with their HP laptops. not everyone has problems with them but personally, I will not buy one again. (and from personal experience, their customer service sucks)
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:19 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I only buy Toshiba's. I love my Toshiba's. Last year we stupidly bought my son a Mac book for his birthday and I HATE it. It froze up while updating and it took me a week to get it fixed. Now it just sits there as a paper weight because it's broken from where the charger broke off in it and it will not charge now. I have now discovered this is a common problem. with these computers. We are talking about giving our son our oldest Toshiba now that we have an extra.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:01 PM on May. 21, 2011

• interesting feedback.... thank you!!
    AmaliaD

Comment by AmaliaD (original poster) at 4:50 PM on May. 22, 2011