Are we both wrong here?

I am pretty generous with my money, my SO is not. He actually took my daughter and I to see a movie and paid for it. After, I told him I needed sinus medicine because I had a wicked headache. He said "Well, I don't have a lot of money." So I dropped him off at home and backed up to go to the store. He called me on the cell phone and was like "What the hell?" I said "You indicated you couldn't get me sinus pills so I am going to the store." He got mad, yelled at me and hung up. So after the store I came home. He told me that since my daughter and I moved in, things have been more difficult for him financially. I asked him how that could be since I paid half the mortgage, cable, water, power, etc. He wouldn't answer. I got my daugher and told him we were going to window shop to get out of his way. He was like "yeah, right." like I was going to go cheat on him or something. The problem is, moving in with him has been harder on ME financially because even though we split the bills, I have to spend a lot more on food and he doens't pull his share. What to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I'd move back to a place of my own.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:31 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Sounds like you're having second thoughts about moving in with him.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:30 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Move back on your own with your daughter. It sounds like he is more of an ISO than a SO.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:48 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Having been there I can tell you to tread carefully and consider your options. If it's like this now it likely won't get better and you'll resent him for not pulling his weight. Take care of yourself and your daughter, your SO sounds like he doesn't appreciate you much.
    soontobestep198

Answer by soontobestep198 at 8:46 PM on May. 21, 2011

• He's an ass. Leave him.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 9:26 PM on May. 21, 2011