Bad Wife

How do you know your a bad wife? When you do everything for your husband, clean, cook, sexual favors, presents, taking care of home and kids, keeping yourself looking nice.....and then you get to hear that hes not happy....ive done everything i could possibly think of. He sais that hes not good enough for me and that he always feels like im B^%$&ing at him, when all i ask for is honesty. I let him know where im at cause i love him, but when i get pissed off cause he sais one thing and does another, im the nag. I dont know what to do and the worst thing is i have 20mo. and a 1 mo. old boys. I feel like dying right now. Am i a bad wife? How do i know if im really nagging?

1stmomma07

Asked by 1stmomma07 at 7:15 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• you are a good wife and you know it!!! i just tried calling you and i left u a message. call me!!! i am here if u need me!! or if u need to get away u know u are welcome at my place anytime! love u girl!!!
    mrztsrobinette

Answer by mrztsrobinette at 7:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• You are so not a bad wife...I have dedicated my everything to the man I love...I have been with him for six years..I gave him 2 beautiful little boys (4 year old and 3 month old) He NEVER tells me how he feels, and seems like he doesnt appreciate me....I think that it kind of depends on what they saw growing up, and how they feel about themselves...If you ever need to talk message me
    MaMa2_DJ_IJ

Answer by MaMa2_DJ_IJ at 7:19 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• You probably aren't nagging. My suggestion is to stop trying so hard to take care of everything. Let the house get dirty, only do sexual things when YOU want to, not as a chore for him, Stop using your words and start using your actions to let him see all it is you actually do to maintain the home and relationship. Hopefully he will see you need some more consideration from him. You aren't a bad wife, you are a woman trying to do too damn much. I struggle with my two kids and they are 4 years apart. I could imagine how busy you are with yours being so young. Just focus on them for a while.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 7:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I would call it nagging if your husband has a problem with it. You need to talk to him in a calm manner and find out everything that bothers him, and tell him things that bother you. You have to work on a marriage its not easy. I am not sure how you are but I have witnessed friends of my husband who's wives were quite annoying, They would be over and if they were 5 min late getting home the phone would be blazing until he went back home, like every five mins. I understand that you as a wife need to know where your husband is but he as a man doesnt want a mother checking in on him. You need to trust your husband to do the things that he wants or needs to do.
    Anonymous

• Tell him that the only way you know if you are nagging is if he brings it up when it's happening. Have him help you recognize the behavior that annoys him so you can stop doing it. Some ppl do not know they come off to others differently than they intend. Then again, he's possibly looking for some excuse to cut ties and leave. Maybe you are doing too much and there is nothing left for him to be helpful with. Maybe you are acting self sufficient and don't need him. Ppl in relationships have to talk to one another and adjust. You are not a bad wife. You just need to adjust to him and he to you but if he doesn't help and tell you what's up then there is a problem. Just tell him to help you be the kind of wife he wants you to be.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• STOP TRYING SO HARD! He's probably feeling intimidated because you're "perfect" and do everything right. go without make-up once in a while, let the dishes sit in the sink overnight. Do what YOU want to do. Sleep in. i don't clean every day or put on make-up and definitely not sexual favors unless i WANT to and he's just fine with it.
    Turn the "perfect wife" knob down a couple notches.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 9:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2008