Why do I not trust my husband to make sure my DD stays safe?

I know I should trust him, but he is always too busy playing his games to really pay attention and listen out for her while she is playing around him. I constantly call him to make sure she is okay, but then he gets mad at me. However she does have accidents around him more. I don't know if I should just let go or what?

EternalDiesirae

Asked by EternalDiesirae at 8:39 PM on May. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• Honestly, I don't trust DH all the time to watch our kids. I know that sometimes I get a little frazzled with all the girls running around so I know it must be hard for him to keep an eye on all the kids.
    Why dont you try discussing it with him.
    my2loves0607

Answer by my2loves0607 at 12:37 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Does your kid get hurt when you're the one watching her? If so, then maybe he feels the same way about you. Just saying, he's her dad. He can probably take care of his kid without you checking up on him. Maybe if you give him a chance and stop treating him like a child, he'll rise to the challenge.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 9:30 PM on May. 21, 2011

• She rarely falls when I'm with her. Plus I always make sure there is nothing for her to get into, I do admit I should give him some room, and see how he does, but its hard to do it.
    EternalDiesirae

Comment by EternalDiesirae (original poster) at 9:39 PM on May. 21, 2011

• He may feel like you treat him like a child. He may feel you call to check up on him as you would do if he was just a teenager that you hired for the day. Maybe give the poor guy a chance. Kid fall. Kids get hurt. It's in their nature. If she falls, that's not really his fault. I can't tell you how many times my DS falls, even when I'm holding his hand. Does that make me a bad mom or untrustworthy somehow? Hell no. I'm a darn good mom, but even supermom wouldn't be able to protect her child from ever getting hurt.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 9:46 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I dont trust mine either, dont feel bad. I call and check on my kids everytime i leave the house. I also tell him all times and things he should do with them lol..i dont get out but like one time every few months (grocery, mall etc) so its not like it happens all the time.
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 8:42 PM on May. 21, 2011

• honestly i feel the same way. my son only gets hurt when hes under the hubbys watch..
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 8:57 PM on May. 21, 2011