Karma believing Christian

I have a family member who is a Christian, Church on Sundays, bible believing woman. I wondering though should a person who is a Christian believe in Karma? I mean she really talks about it a lot, she even named her dog Karma! Im confused.

greenbeanmoma

Asked by greenbeanmoma at 9:37 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I don't believe there is anything wrong with believing in positive things.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 9:39 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Karma is another version of do unto others as you would have done to you...

or treat others like you want to be treated.... so I'd say most christians believe in karma to a point, they just call it different.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 9:39 PM on May. 21, 2011

• SHOULD a person believe in karma if they are a christian?
    Whose to say what someone "should' believe in.
    Karma isn't a negative way of thinking. It's simply recognizing that what we to do to others, we do to ourselves.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:41 PM on May. 21, 2011

• To me Karma is believing that the universe will pay you back, whether it be good or bad. I believe God controls everything.
    greenbeanmoma

Comment by greenbeanmoma (original poster) at 9:43 PM on May. 21, 2011

• It's okay for her to believe what she chooses to believe. Same goes for you!
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:45 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Karma is believing that the universe will pay you back, whether it be good or bad. I believe God controls everything."

Why do you care if someone chooses to believe that the Universe has a way of bringing back around what we give out? Maybe in their own way, they believe ultimately it is god.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:47 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I don't see anything wrong with it.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:50 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I use the word karma because it's easier than saying "the law of the harvest," or "we reap what we sow."
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 9:50 PM on May. 21, 2011

• There are different demoninations in Christianity. Some demoninations believe that every action is pre ordained by God. Some denominations believe that people have free will to choose. Those that believe that people have free will to choose, might believe in Karma, as those who choose bad, might receive bad.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:58 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Sure why not-
    You can believe in God and the Universe and that God is the Universe and everything in between-
    AND now I am getting off CM as Karma just caught up with me- I made a pact not to CM on the weekends and I am doing it while my DH gets the bonfire going and I just noticed the puppy chewed my flip flop and no one elses- KARMA!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:03 PM on May. 21, 2011