8 yr old with tiny bumps on bottom. What do you think?

My son always has tiny bumps on his bottom. Sometimes on his legs and arms too. I just cannot figure out what it is. They don't look dry or patchy just small little bumps that come and go but are always there to some degree. Mostly on his bottom. He has always had this and none of the Drs we have seen can give me an answer. So I wondered if anyone on here has dealt with this and can give me some insight. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Kids' Health

• It is called chicken skin. It is harmless and some kids r just born with it.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:54 PM on May. 21, 2011

• it is common and no big deal all of my kids have gotten that and they outgrew it. nothing to worry about really
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:58 PM on May. 21, 2011

• So they have these all the time? This isn't something new he has always gotten these rashes.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:50 AM on May. 22, 2011

• It's probably Keratosis Pilaris (chicken skin).
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 5:49 PM on May. 22, 2011

• My dd had these on her bum as well. We just kept putting aveeno on it. It smoothed out and became non existent.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 11:44 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Unbelievable to me that at 8 yrs old and all the times my son has had these rashes not one Dr. said Keratosis Pilaris. I kept hearing its a virus, allergy etc. But after you all telling me about this I looked it up and this is what it resembles the most. I go on CafeMom and with 24 hrs have a name. Just goes to show us Moms do know best. LOL. Thanks for easing my mind. Since I like to use all natural on my son because his skin is so sensitive I am going to try pure extra virgin coconut oil and see if that helps. Thanks again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:54 AM on May. 23, 2011

• yep, keratosis pilaris. My son has it too.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:30 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I have bumps like that on my thighs, I've always had them and hated it lol
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 12:47 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Dry skin maybe
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:54 PM on May. 23, 2011

• It is probably harmless. I would put some hydrocortisone cream on it and see if it gets better.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 4:00 PM on May. 23, 2011