Pulled muscle+breastfeeding?

Is it possible? If so, what can be done about it? I have a horrible pulling pain in my chest on the left side that def is worse when my breasts are full. Sometimes it hurts to even breathe or laugh. Any advice greatly appreciated

star2b28

Asked by star2b28 at 9:49 PM on May. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• could you have metastasis?

peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:50 PM on May. 21, 2011

• not that i know of, no infection, pus etc
    star2b28

Comment by star2b28 (original poster) at 9:51 PM on May. 21, 2011

• hmm, I suppose its possible that the extra weight of your breast is causing strain on your muscles
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:10 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I have very large breasts when I am not nursing, and when I am, it is ungodly. When I was really full and my babies nursed, that tugging feeling of when they eat used to make me feel like something was ripping away from the muscles underneath my boob. I don't think it is dangerous, or an infection, but it was uncomfortable. What helped me was positioning to where my breast was supported more and was level with their mouth. Hope that is helpful and not just TMI LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:24 PM on May. 21, 2011

• No its not too much tmi because I'm the same way lol. I will try what you said and see if it helps thanks!
    star2b28

Comment by star2b28 (original poster) at 10:33 PM on May. 21, 2011