Single mom and need to go to the gym!

I use to work out almost every day but I have stopped and gained so much weight and need to go back but have no babysitter!! Is there such a gym out there that allows you to bring a child who can sit and wait or a babysitting area?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I know our Y does that. Call and ask.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:30 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I feel like the Y isnt a real gym.. Is it> and plus its real expensive... Right now I only pay $20 a month at PF
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:31 PM on May. 21, 2011

• If there is a Fitness First in your area they have a childcare area.
    You can also find some Single moms in your area who are also wanting to work out and need childcare and you can take turns watching each other's children.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:32 PM on May. 21, 2011

• A lot of gyms offer childcare. I'd call around and see what's out there. Also what about doing workout dvds? I could recommend some really good ones.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 10:34 PM on May. 21, 2011

• There are a lot of gyms that offer childcare, just call around and ask if that is something they offer.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 10:35 PM on May. 21, 2011

• comcast on demand has yoga and other stuff like that for free. there are dvds that are pretty good. i used to do a yoga dvd. i go to golds gym and they have a child care center but it costs extra per month or each time you take them. my local golds has a crappy daycare and since my kids are 20 months and have anxiety about strangers and me leaving they cry the whole time and they always act like its this huge deal so i never take my twins in which means i never get to go! :c
    the Y here has a sliding scale fee, talk to yours about that
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:41 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I agree that a lot of gyms have daycares, and that DVDs are another good way to go if you don't want to spend more than $20 a month. You can also get some resistance bands and maybe some hand weights and start working out at home. If your kids are old enough, you can ride bikes together, or you can run while they ride (you can also push a jogger). Where there's a will, there's a way! You can make it happen, mama! Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:48 PM on May. 21, 2011

• The Y is absolutely a real gym (at least the one I go to!) It's got new updated equipment, all the classes you can think of (body pump, zumba, spin, yoga, pilates etc) Plus their childcare is awesome. They do things with them like "kid fit" where they take them and exercise with them (cute, kid stuff) or a bouncy house, a playground outside, they do crafts with them, read them books. My kids LOVE LOVE LOVE it there so I never feel bad taking them and using up my 2 hr time limit (most working out, but I have a lot of friends there so I also end up socializing for part of that time). Plus at least my gym will do a sliding scale and charge you based on your income. I didn't join there earlier and stuck to the less expensive gyms for the same reason, but once I got going, I realized it was worth every penny.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 2:25 PM on May. 22, 2011