What do u do when your style and your dh's style of displine and parenting differs?

For example tonight. My dd was sitting on the arm of our recliner instead of the seat. She wasn't doing anything except watching TV. Dh asked her to get down and she said no he asked her again and she said no. So he gets upo and tells her she is a naughty girl and puts her in her room and shuts the door. Personally when she said no the 1st time I would have gotten up and just put her on the floor. But on the other hand, she really wasn't doing anything anyway and she wasn't hurting anything. He hates it when she doesn't listen, or she ignores him, or she says "NO!" It annoys me too, buts she 2. I told I ask her, I tell her, then I carry thru. Or if I see her hit the cat or dog, I slap her hands and put her in a time out chair for 2 min. He will put her in her room and shit the door and she sometimes leaves her in there for alot longer then 2 min. I am confused. How can I tell him she will grow out of this defiant stage and we just need to pick our battles and all this nit picking will just get her worse? HELP!!

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:51 PM on May. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• You two have to try to come to a compromise for your daughters sake. Try sitting down with him and explaining to him you two have to be on the same page when it comes to displine.
    my2loves0607

Answer by my2loves0607 at 12:33 AM on May. 22, 2011

• ya I already tried doing that, it went thru one ear and out the other :(
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 1:20 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Can you think about your overall vision for your children & family? Try to consider your shared interests here, and shared vision.

Renee
    Mother As Leader
    www.cafemom.com/groups/motherasleader
    Reneek1973

Answer by Reneek1973 at 9:25 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I am having the same problem with DH.. He uses an angry voice/yells alot. I dont think he is really aware of it.. But its hard not to bite his head off..
    Ive been wanting to talk to him but I know its going to be hard.. He may turn it into "im the bad dad" & then i feel guilty.. Or hes just going to get annoyed & say "fine, you deal with her from now on. I will do nothing." ... This is how it has been when I try to talk to him about single incedents....
    Parenting is hard enough. parenting with someone you dont see eye to eye with is even harder! :-(
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:52 PM on May. 22, 2011