Atkins anyone?

I've been trying to lose weight (seriously) for about a year - it seems my metabolism just . . . stopped. I had been going to the gym, eating healthfully (5 small meals a day), drinking lots of water and trying to cut down on carbs (not no carbs, just low carb). Lost about 6 lbs - felt really great and toned from the exercise. But I felt like I just wasn't doing enough - you know? Well, I just changed from low carb to Atkins and in the space of 5 days have lost 7 lbs (!!). . . I enjoy the diet and don't feel like I'm missing anything (yet anyway - LOL) - is this sustainable?

pocmom

Asked by pocmom at 10:54 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I lost about twenty pounds on it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:56 PM on May. 21, 2011

• For a few it is, but have a backup plan in case you can't keep it up. Also, try to stay away from saturated fats, even though I know Atkins allows plenty of them. Most people come to miss the carbs after awhile and stop the diet (much like any diet). If that's the case for you, find something you CAN stick with forever. I recommend checking out clean eating. I've lost over 60 lbs so far this way, and I feel amazing, and I feel like it's something I can do forever.
    One advantage you have over others is that you realize you have to stick with this for the rest of your life, which is HUGE to recognize. You CAN do this. I hope you've found what works for you, or at least that you do! Best of luck to you!!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:00 PM on May. 21, 2011

• If you stick with it, yes it's sustainable. If it works for you and you feel healthy, then it could be the right thing for you. Later on down the road with Atkins good carbs will be reintroduced into your diet.
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 11:07 PM on May. 21, 2011