Lotion

What kind of lotion do you use? My hands and wrists are so dry that they have been cracking and bleeding, plus they itch. I've tried multiple kinds of lotion and even got a prescription from the doctor, but none of them have worked for more than a day or two. I've used them all the time, especially after washing my hands.

kasey22

Asked by kasey22 at 10:57 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• eucerin calming cream, if your skin is itchy and cracking you'd do better with a cream than a lotion GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:06 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Eucerin
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 11:01 PM on May. 21, 2011

• After applying lotion, seal it with body oil. Try lotion then a cream ( udderbalm, lanolin, woolwax, 1st aide, Aveno or any non perfumed) and seal with a body oil. I too have suffered with dry, cracked and bleeding hands. I at times put on triple antibiotic ointment ( mixed in hand ) with lotion- apply- then seal with cream and oil. So basically use a heavier textutred moisturizer along with lotion and seal with oil. Good Luck.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:17 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Try Aquaphor - it's a little pricey, but worth it. GL
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 10:59 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I have really bad dry skin myself and I use the Walgreens brand aloe lotion it is in a green bottle. It is the best I have used.
    kirstenvargo

Answer by kirstenvargo at 11:03 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Eucerin or jergins work great for me and I have extra dry skin
    IamErin-K.

Answer by IamErin-K. at 11:04 PM on May. 21, 2011

• GoldBond?
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 11:14 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I am addicted to lotion...I go through about 2-3 24.5 fl oz bottles and 2 of the 14. oz bottles every month. I have dry skin and I cannot stand the feeling of it. I use vaseline intensive rescue repairing moisture. I have a lot of the fancy lotions but they seem to make me feel like I need to put lotion on within 5-10 minutes of putting them on. This lotion seems to last up to an hour or two before I have to reapply (unless I wash my hands or touch an animal). Hope this helps.
    Losha007

Answer by Losha007 at 12:02 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I use Max Green Alchemy rescue skin cream. It works great. In your case though, the living Nature Rescue Gel might work best. It isn't a lotion but it has Manuka Honey that helps with problems like yours. Try to stick to pure natural products without chemicals because a lot of products with chemicals has mineral oil which drys you out quicker. This is what's in most chap sticks, that's why you find yourself re applying more often. Also, Alcohol in products can keep you dry as well. Just a suggestion.
    BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 9:39 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Hmmm, I don't really like oils. But, I may have to try that. I've even tried mixing in some Neosporin with lotions/creams because they were bleeding. It worked longer than just the lotion by itself, but still not enough to help it long term.
    kasey22

Comment by kasey22 (original poster) at 11:22 PM on May. 21, 2011