12 yr old with a tramp stamp?!

We ran into an aquaintance and noticed that their young daughter has a real tattoo on her lower back. Her dad does tattoos in their garage so I imagine he gave it to her. I think this is wrong on so many levels what do you think? Another thing this young girl was wearing a tube top and hanging on two boys! So happy we are not anything more than passing acquaintances!

Noosa

Asked by Noosa at 11:05 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• that's illegal...if her dad gave it to her I bet that could be considered child abuse...like the mom who gave her daughter botox...people are crazy
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:42 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Nice. No one under 18 should be getting a tattoo of anything.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:06 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Wow, the parents will be grandparents before you know it.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:08 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I would have to say you already stated it how I would be thinking it... and just be thankful that it isn't your kid?
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:06 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I'd be thinking "I wish that kid had better parents" I bet I'd straighten her out real quick. Thank god I've got sense enough to NOT let my kid grow up like that!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 11:09 PM on May. 21, 2011

• If he's tattooing out of garage he's not a legit tattoo artist. First of all eew and second if he was for real he'd be working in a shop. He's probably what I'd call a hack.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 11:13 PM on May. 21, 2011

• well here you have to be 16 and have parents concent even if the parent is the one doing them but my husband does tattoos 9not at the moment) but i be damned if he tattooed our son b4 he was at least 17 or 18 even tho my husband got his first one at 16.....i love tats i have 7 and getting more but thats just plan trashy
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 11:13 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I don't get the tattoo trend (I'm from a slightly earlier generation). I've never liked them and am against them (no offense if you have one - it's your choice).

Kids see them everywhere, on celebrities, on their parents, on random people on the street. They probably had numerous fake tattoos when they were little. All of this conditions kids to want them. It's not much different than pierced ears in terms of how people have accepted them.

This young girl is following through with the approval of her dad, at least, and most likely both parents. I'm not surprised to hear about it. Even so, I don't like it.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 4:02 AM on May. 22, 2011

• First of all...getting tattoos UNDER 18 is NOT illegal as long as there is parental consent in some states. My 19, 20 and 23yo sons got their 1st tattoos (Star of Davids) at 17 1/2 (my 23yo), 16 & 4 mos. (my 20yo) and 14 (turned 15 the next day) and they ALL got their tattoos by tattoo artists who work in their own shops, not out of garages. We allowed our 20 and 19yo's to get theirs at 16 and almost 15 because we knew they wouldn't change their minds. Both of their older brothers and their dad and I (who had gotten ours after our now 23yo got his) all had Star of David tattoos and it has deep meaning. HOWEVER, I do NOT agree with 12yo's having tattoos and I don't think ANYONE should have a tramp stamp OR a tattoo that anyone else has UNLESS those people are family and it's a family tattoo. I have 5...got my 1st (Star of David) at 38 and my last 2 weeks weeks ago. I believe that tattoos should have deep meaning.
    Anonymous

• OMG. That is awful. I got tattoos when I was 18 and I WISH LIKE HELL I wouldn't have. I can't imagine being stuck with something I thought was a good idea when I was 12.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:31 PM on May. 22, 2011