God parents

How did you pick the God parents of your children? Or did you opt not to have God parents at all?

kirstenvargo

Asked by kirstenvargo at 11:09 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• On my will I chose my inlaws to get the kids if my DH and I should go at the same time, if they arent around they would go to my Sisterinlaw, i didnt chose some one not related to me .... but I am a "god parent" to a little boy at church who is no relation to me though ...
    MomDW

Answer by MomDW at 11:18 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I did not choose god parents.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 11:41 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I picked my sister and brother. My younger daughter only has a Godmother, my sister. I knew that she would always be in their life and she is very close to them so is my brother.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:17 AM on May. 22, 2011

• We picked people who would help and be there with raising our children in the faith. For a couple of our children that didn't quite work out, but there are others who stepped up. That's the role of a Godparent to help in the faith, not to be guardian if something should happen to you.
    daps

Answer by daps at 8:34 AM on May. 22, 2011

• We chose people who would be there to help our children grow in their faith
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 4:39 PM on May. 24, 2011