How do I tell when my little one is teething?

I'm a first time mommy and my little one is 4 months old. I completely nursing and not supplementing at all. My little has started to act really fussy and wants to put everything in her mouth. Does this mean she's getting close to teething or are there any true signs of knowing?

-Crystal

Asked by -Crystal at 11:09 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• "does she suck on her fist and drool a lot?"

I stole that line from 3 Men and a Baby. I'm only a SM.
    Anonymous

• ~*DROOL*~.... and lots of it! Hahaha... than the whining, crying, and biting

Frozen Waffles are awesome with built in drool cups... or those Otter pops frozen to chew on
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:12 PM on May. 21, 2011

• It could be teething, it could also just be that she's at the age where they start putting everything in their mouth. Mine always started drooling a lot. Keep in mind that they can be teething (drooling, fussing etc) for a few months before you can actually see the tooth poke through. Some lucky moms don't even know baby was teething until they see the tooth!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:12 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I think all kids are different, mine did want to chew on stuff and began to druel excessively too, (kept bibs on them just for all the druel lol) I bought the teething rings that you could freeze - it helps
    MomDW

Answer by MomDW at 11:14 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Thanks ladies! She does drool and suck on her fists. Is it true there gums will turn white as well? I've been trying to keep an eye on that and her gums are pretty pink.
    -Crystal

Comment by -Crystal (original poster) at 11:16 PM on May. 21, 2011

• yup drool alot and being fussy...use your finger and rub the gums and you might be able to feel the tooth...or 2....
    mamaevans2

Answer by mamaevans2 at 11:29 PM on May. 21, 2011

• One is she will drool a lot that you need to use a bib hang around her all day. You can clean your hand and touch her bottom gum and see if it's hard compare to the upper gum. Don't put any medicine or anything unless you think it's really necessary. You will see two white spot like a rice on the bottom soon if she's teething.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 9:16 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Drool, loose BM's, low grade fever, wanting to bite on everything, not sleeping as well at night
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 2:22 PM on May. 23, 2011