What is the one thing you couldn't do without?

I just had my baby shower last week. Besides all the onsies, pampers, blankets , playpen, bouncie seat, stroller /car seat, baby bath tub,swaddles, toiletries,I got I also got $4oo in gift certificates. What is the one thing I should get that I cant do without?

emilysmom1966

Asked by emilysmom1966 at 11:18 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I wish I would have skipped the stroller and went directly to a jogging stroller (with swivel wheel on front) to start with! This way it is useful EVERYWHERE... those annoying tiny wheels drove me nuts when we went to parks!!! Or zoo!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:21 PM on May. 21, 2011

• a wipe warmer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is so nice to not make your baby cry because of wiping with cold wipes (especially at 3 am)
    MomDW

Answer by MomDW at 11:21 PM on May. 21, 2011

• a bumbo chair you can live without it but it comes in handy i love mine........but i would sugguest a humidifier...... when ur baby is stuffed up or has a flue or a cold this helps alot better then having to be in a steamy shower...
    babymama0000

Answer by babymama0000 at 11:22 PM on May. 21, 2011

• chocolate
    Amanda272011

Answer by Amanda272011 at 11:22 PM on May. 21, 2011

• A good camera/camcorder! Those new baby pics and videos can still make me melt into a smushy puddle on the floor (I've been caught snuzzling with my computer screen). I just wish there was a way to record the way he smelled...

Sounds like you are all set!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 11:26 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Did you get a Boppy? I love their products. I used my first, regular, Boppy through my first two children and will use it again this time, and tonight I got a boppy "lounger" for the new baby that I was really excited to find because I KNOW I will use it.

Also, if you plan to offer a bottle at all, even if you only plan to pump occasionally, make sure you have a variety of bottle nipples on hand, because my little ones were VERY picky about what they found "acceptable" to drink from. It is stressful to not have a few different kinds on hand to try.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:38 PM on May. 21, 2011

• my espresso machine...for all the sleepless nights! lol I agree with a wipe warmer though. it was amazing.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 11:38 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Baby carrier- I loved the ERGO but have heard a lot of good things about the Moby Wrap and Boba Carrier. Diapers (cloth diapers!!). Infant bath insert (like a meshy thing that props baby up in a full size tub). Congratulations on the upcoming addition! Baby book- you can bring it to the hospital and ask the nurses to do the foot prints and hand prints right into the book (if they're not too busy)- usually in the night they are looking for something to do:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:39 PM on May. 21, 2011

• My Moby Wrap(still use it), my snoogle pillow (still use it!), A good quality pump and freezer storage bags if you plan on nursing.
    Good Luck & Congrats!
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 12:37 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Oir little one loved her swing...A LOT! We also got a lot of use our of the baby gyms that are put on the floor for tummy time. The little Einstein one had a music box that was activated when she kicked it. She loved that thing. And, some advice I wish I had, keep only half the clothes you get and return the rest. She wore everything once before she gree out of it, and some things not at all. We also returned any non-homemade blankets. We got soooooo many.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 1:04 AM on May. 22, 2011