Preeclampsia :(

just found out that i have preeclampsia with the pregnancy. I have never had this problem with any of my other pregnancies :( is it going to be awful my entire pregnancy?

EvansMommy31605

Asked by EvansMommy31605 at 11:22 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't know that much about it, but I do know that you are considered high risk. I would talk to the doctor and find out if there are any dietary recommendations they can make to help reduce the severity of your symptoms. I have heard that having a high protein diet can help, but you should discuss that with your care provider, for sure. Above all, make sure you are eating healthy foods. Try to stay away from anything that is considered unhealthy, and if you must eat something junky, make it a rule to eat something healthy FIRST.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 11:27 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I didnt go as far as preeclampsia but I had very high gestational hypertension , I was on bed rest for 2 months which was very boring and had to see the doc at least once a week - just do what the docs say and everything will be ok, I will pray for you
    MomDW

Answer by MomDW at 11:25 PM on May. 21, 2011

• No it wont be awefull i didnt have this but my blood pressure was way high too and i ended up being enduced...just relax and take it easy..i was on bed rest from 26weeks to 38 when i was enduced...so relax and do what your doc recomended and you and baby will be just fine!!! GL
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 11:25 PM on May. 21, 2011

• how far along are you?
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 11:29 PM on May. 21, 2011

• It depends on how high your pressure gets. Follow your dr's recommended advice and buy a home BP monitor to check yourself between visits. They aren't very expensive, and you can get one at your local drugstore. If your number shoots up, go to the ER immediately.

I was at my primary care dr for a sinus infection when they measured my top number in the 180s at 33 weeks. I was put in an ambulance because of the risk of a stroke or seizure (eclampsia). The ONLY cure is delivery, and when the bp meds caused fetal distress, I had my daughter that night. She spent 28 days in the NICU due to her low birth weight (pre-e babies are often small).

My symptoms: neck pain for a week, flashing lights in my vision the day of, and gaining 12 lbs of fluid in 2 weeks. My numbers were fine 7 dys before.

Good luck to you in however long you can safely remain pregnant. There's at least 1 pre-e group on here you should check out for support.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:40 PM on May. 21, 2011

• it just means that you have high blood pressure and it can cause early child birth just watch what you eat no colesteral and just watch your diet and make sure you are getting enough carb. to keep your blood pressure down and make sure you don't get up set about anything to make your blood pressure go up.
    ellen700

Answer by ellen700 at 11:53 PM on May. 21, 2011

• i had preeclmapisa iwth my daughter i didnt know i had high bP til the dr put my in the hospital. and then on bed rest at home. i had her at 29wks bc of it my placenta aburpted and...im pregnant agian an dhey say i ll have it agian.

good luck. bed rest sucks but it fr the best. drink plenty of water no salty foods. prop your feet up dont stress out about stuff.
    alw06tchs

Answer by alw06tchs at 2:24 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I was having headaches like crazy and couldn't figure out why.. so i went to see my doctor and my blood pressure was like 180/120. He put me labatalol 300mg or something like that . I feel a little better.. just way different. I eat pretty healthy foods. i don't eat any salt because my legs were swelling.. now i know why.. I have to see my doctor every week now.. its going to be the longest pregnancy ever! Thank you all for your advice and prayers =)
    EvansMommy31605

Comment by EvansMommy31605 (original poster) at 11:31 PM on May. 21, 2011

• how far along are you?
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 11:39 PM on May. 21, 2011