Question about using coupons?

I wanted to use coupons to save money on groceries.But i am so new about this.I don't know where to start.I need advice is this coupons things really worth it or its waste of time.If its works i need good sites to print coupons.

kiran595

Asked by kiran595 at 11:33 PM on May. 21, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Google the sites, type in coupons and the one I go to is coupon.com, and just search different items you want....I am new at this too so Id like advice...I just buy 1 or 2 papers on sunday and cut them out....I do not go crazy and search over the whole town I just get what I need and will use...GOOD LUCK
    mamaevans2

Answer by mamaevans2 at 11:35 PM on May. 21, 2011

• i tried , it never was worth the hours spent cutting coupons for me :/ .... good luck
    MomDW

Answer by MomDW at 11:45 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I tryed it, too. Not worth it. You can save 50 cents on the brand name or pay $1. Less for the generic.
    Count the time printing, making the list and trying to find the correct size of this and that while shopping.
    I get several emails from different sites, but don't even open them anymore.
    Good luck
    I also, live in a small town - no double coupons or much comatition between the two grocery stores.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 11:50 PM on May. 21, 2011

• My two favorite sites are
    Swagbucks - http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Shareleann
    and MyPoints.com (there's a link on my facebook) - You can print coupons from both places and you get points when you use them. I use the points I accumulate all year to get christmas gifts for friends and family!

You can also "like" brand names on Facebook and get coupons that way. And, of course, your Sunday paper!
    I always have extra coupons & have joined "coupon trains" to pass them on (mail/give your extras to someone & they take what they need & put in their extras & pass it on to someone else). I'd send you some if you wanted them.

Couponing is totally worth it as long as you get what you need! Don't get a bunch of junk you can't/won't use just because you have a coupon. I average about a 50% savings on every shopping trip!

Good Luck!
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 11:53 PM on May. 21, 2011

• I used to use coupons a lot, but it seems now there are very few for the things I use. I only buy the paper when the P&G booklet is in it. (I contacted P&G and they send me an e mail when it's going to be there). Coupon mom.com used to be a good site but they don't have many that I canuse anymore either. I bookmarked the blog mentioned above to check out, but I'm finding it helps more to check your sale inserts from the stores and go for the sales.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:28 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I know a lot of people that go online for theirs, I am sure if you google you can come up wiht a million couponing sites.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:00 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Thewy can be worth it. I usually save atleast $5 each time I shop sometimes up to $40 for groceries. It just depends on what you buy and what coupons you can find. They really help out
    othermom

Answer by othermom at 9:55 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I've found they really help, now if we could eat body wash and deodorant they would be even better!!! LOL

Each Sunday I cut them out and when the grocery store ad comes on Wednesday I match up my coupons with what is on sale and go shopping. I usually save 58% at the grocery store and all my toothpaste, body washes, shampoos, make-up I get for free or for pennies at drugstores.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 3:38 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Go to manufacturers websites or you can buy them from ebay...you still save that way.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 3:46 PM on May. 22, 2011

• thanks Ladies.It was really helpful.I'll check your sites m-avi.

kiran595

Comment by kiran595 (original poster) at 3:58 PM on May. 22, 2011