question about torticollis and sleeping

my six month old baby girl was diagnosed with torticollis back in september. she started rolling from her back to her tummy at night. she doesn't have full control of her neck muscles which especially concerns me at night. i see her tire during daytime tummy time and face plant into the ground. since i cannot watch and protect all night long (unless i give up sleeping ever), what can i do to that will keep her safe and uncomfortable while she sleeps? I have looked into the angelcare monitor and guardian sleeper. I'm considering buying one of them. Any suggestions or things i can do at home that will be just as effective, but save us some money?

rachelsmommy78

Asked by rachelsmommy78 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We own an angel care monitor and it really helps put your mind at ease. And as there isn't much you can do to prevent her from rolling over... if it would make you feel better, get the monitor.
    We have never had any false alarms with it so far... unless we forget to shut it off when we take him out of his crib. it's very sensitive you can't have a ceiling fan on in the room because it picks up the air movement!
    FYI: If you do get one, know that you need to put something under the mattress to put the monitor on... we bought a floor tile at home depot for like $2 and it works great! It's just the right size.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2008