What should I wear for this ceremony?

Haha I'm guessing this is a bit of an Odd question, but I'm on a cruise ship and were going to be "crossing the line" (equator) tomorrow and for the ceremony I don't know what to wear. Basically it's where everyone who has never crossed the equator before has to make a "sacrifice" haha. The sacrifice in this case is you get messy with the "kitchen leftovers" poured all over you (supposedly they make it sound worse than it is, it's really not gross. Although you DO get super messy I hear). And then after you're messy you get dunked in the pool.

So yeah... Idk what to wear. Traditionally you're supposed to get pretty dressed up for it, just because the ceremony is a big deal, everyone is watching, and you should look your best for it. I def want to dress up , because I know many people will be doing so.

Basically the options are (what I brought with me on the trip):
Really Dressed Up: Gorgeous Emilio Pucci evening dress (blue), Jimmy Choo strappy heeled sandals
Slightly-less Dressed Up, #1: White Jovani evening dress, BCBG tan heeled-sandals
Slightly-leas Dressed Up, #2:White Albert Nipon skirt suit, Stuart Weitzman pumps

Pretty much that's all the options I have...I dont have anything "in-between." After those options, it's just a top/jeans pretty much. What do you think I should wear?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on May. 22, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• #1
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:15 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Girl you can't go wrong with Jimmy Choo's! Go with option #1!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 12:17 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I'm leaning toward #1 and It would definitely be awesome to wear the Jimmy Choos...but do you think it's a good idea since I'll be getting super messy and then dunked in the pool? Although I guess people are supposed to wear their best outfit for this, and that's my best...what do you think?

Thanks guys. :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:22 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I like #2, but would be nervous about ruining it with the food being dumped on you.
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 12:25 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Well the thing is i don't have an option besides these three outfits, unless I want to wear a top and jeans which I don't think is appropriate. Do you agree?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:28 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I do not think anything white is a good idea...pool and all! Anyway, if you can't choose visit the shops on the ship and buy something new and fun for the night!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 12:49 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Noosa what do you think about the first outfit?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:51 AM on May. 22, 2011