Anybody took xanax during pregnancy?

I'm 16 weeks 1st pregnancy, have been taking prozac & xanax for6 years, I can't live without these med because of deep depression and axiety, i asked my dr she said it's better not to take any med, anybody can help me please if took xanax during pregnancy and delivered healthy baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on May. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I NEEDED xanax when I got pregnant with my last kid and the obgyn said it is unsafe and to just try other natural methods of relaxing and I thought she was nuts! but I had no choice and since he was born I have less need for it because I did learn new methods of controlling my anxiety. the things with that stuff is it brings you relief in a quik way and you become dependent on it and don't have to learn new ways...now is the time to learn new ways to relax
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on May. 22, 2011

• You can't live without those meds because you are addicted.

You need to stop taking that stuff for the sake of you and your baby. There are better, safer, more natural ways to deal with depression and anxiety.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on May. 22, 2011